Avatar: The Last Airbender

A while back I heard about a movie that was coming out called Avatar:The Last Airbender. With that news was a trailer:


At the end of the movie, I commented to myself that the title looked like it came out of Harry Potter. Nothing more was mentioned so it drifted to the far reaches of my mind. Then a second trailer was released:

The Last Airbender Trailer 2 - The best bloopers are here

I saw it and thought that the trailer really wasn't very good. But I decided to look up the first trailer again since I seemed to remember it being cool. After watching it I read some comments and saw that people seemed to love the cartoon and that they hoped the movie was good. This prompted me to look it up on Wikipedia, and there I saw this quote: "and receiving high ratings in the Nicktoons lineup, even outside its 6–11-year-old demographic." This peaked my interest and I watched the first two-part episode; I really liked it.

I have since watched the first season and have begun the second. But my question about the upcoming movie is this: Can it even remotely touch the quality of the TV show? My default answer would be no, but after the awesome Star Trek reboot, I dare to hope.

All they have to master is the intensity of this:












With the quirkiness of this:












Don't fail.

0 comments: