Google vs Government

People keep complaining that Google has too much information about its users and everything else. They say that it's an invasion of privacy.

But personally I think that I'd rather have Google know everything about me than the government. That's really sad. I'd rather have a private company know my secrets and habits than the government the people elected, know these things about me.

Why this level of distrust? Well, Google uses my information for ad targeting and other such things that effectively make my life easier. The government on the other hand uses my information for databases to track my life and my habits.

"These are the same thing," you say. Yes they are, but I trust a random group of people who want my business more than I trust the lying, bureaucratic morons elected to office by an uninformed gullible populous.

Ouch.

Image credit: http://www.logoogle.com/topic-google-logos02.htm

0 comments: