Terry Pratchett

One of my favorite authors is Terry Pratchett. He has written approximately two books a year since 1983. His best series is Discworld, a bunch of books about Rincewind ("Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."), Death (who is perhaps the greatest character to ever exist, "DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death. JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH." by the way Death always talks in caps. Death also has a horse named binky), The City Watch, The Wizards (which includes the Librarian, who is an orangutan), Susan (who is death's granddaughter and is also an incredible character. "She'd become a governess. It was one of the few jobs a known lady could do. And she'd taken to it well. She'd sworn that if she did indeed ever find herself dancing on rooftops with chimney sweeps she'd beat herself to death with her own umbrella.").

Anyway, I bring this up because of an article I read recently. Terry Pratchett has Alzheimers. I am impressed, however at his reaction to this news. Instead of telling you what he said, just go read the article.

0 comments: